Dogs at Weddings in Brisbane
Can you have dogs at weddings in Brisbane?
Do you love your fur babies almost as much as you love your partner? With a little bit of planning, having dogs at weddings can be memorable and enjoyable.
The Right Kind of Dogs
There are no rules about which dogs at weddings are good and which ones aren’t. Have a think about your dogs. Are they sociable? Will they panic if they are in an unfamiliar place? Do they cope well with lots of people? How will they react to loud noises, being patted, etc.? Are they likely to bite?
Planning is Everything
So that everyone has a great day, plan ahead if you’re having dogs at weddings.
- Make sure that your dogs are restrained on a leash at all times
- Give someone the job of looking after each dog, before, during and after the ceremony
- Have plenty of fresh cool water available for your dogs, particularly if you’re getting married in the summer
- Have somewhere quiet where your dogs can stay after the ceremony. A full day at a wedding is too much for most dogs. See if someone can drop them home after the ceremony and make sure they’re settled or hire a professional pet-sitter. It’s worth the money to have happy and relaxed pooches
- For doggy ring bearers, practise getting the rings on and off their collars at home so that on your big day, your dogs are used to it
- Give your dog handlers a supply of doggy treats to encourage your dogs to be on their best behaviour
- Check that your venue is dog friendly. Most venues will allow dogs at weddings in Brisbane, but a few venues aren’t pet-friendly
- If you’re getting married at home, have a quiet spot where your pups can chill out, away from the noise of the party after your ceremony
Having your dogs at weddings in Brisbane can be a special experience. It can make your wedding memorable in the very best way. Not only that, but you will get some great photos with your lovely fur-people as well as your human favourite person.
Indigiscapes is a native botanic garden at Capalaba in the Redlands. It’s a dog-friendly venue and quite close to Brisbane.
I’m a celebrant who loves animals and will happily include your dogs in your wedding. CALL ME NOW
Photo by Eve Wheeler, Photography2envy