Why Choose Golf Club Weddings near Brisbane
Southeast Queensland has beautiful weather, lots of sunshine and… plenty of golf clubs! Even if you’re not a fan of greens and fairways, there’s lots of good reasons to consider golf club weddings near Brisbane when you’re searching for the perfect venue.
Pros of Golf Club Weddings near Brisbane
- Facilities at golf clubs are usually excellent. Members pay fees to belong to golf clubs and generally expect buildings and grounds to be in good condition and well maintained
- Your ceremony and reception are at the same venue when you choose golf club weddings near Brisbane. Most clubs have function rooms that can accommodate weddings of all sizes and dedicated ceremony areas that often are themed (rustic, rainforest, formal with manicured gardens, etc.)
- The photo locations are fabulous. Most golf clubs have acres of lush green grass, imposing trees and scenic water features. Often, golf clubs will provide golf carts to ferry you and your bridal party to and from the photo locations
- Packages for golf club weddings near Brisbane are often all-inclusive, and might include food, decorations, flowers, ceremony chairs, an arbour, etc.; things that could be quite expensive to organise individually. All inclusive packages can also make your wedding planning less stressful as you have fewer things to arrange
- In my experience, coordinators for golf club weddings are amazing – obliging, efficient and organised – and golf club staff are usually well trained and courteous
- There is always plenty of free parking onsite
Cons of Golf Club Weddings near Brisbane
- Excellent facilities and great staff come with a price tag. Golf club weddings near Brisbane are not necessarily the cheapest option; however, most clubs have package deals that can make weddings more affordable. Many clubs will have special deals, such as great value packages for midweek weddings or weddings in less popular months
- Remember, it’s unlikely that you will have exclusive use of the whole area. While your ceremony area and reception venue are usually private, you’re very likely to be rubbing shoulders with golfers in the public areas of the club
- Golf clubs rarely have onsite accommodation, so you might have to arrange transport for guests who choose not to drive
- Most golf clubs have wonderful outdoor ceremony areas; have a look at the indoor ceremony option before you book. You might end up with rain on your wedding day and sometimes the indoor ceremony venue is not nearly as amazing as the outdoor locations
My Picks for Golf Club Weddings near Brisbane
There are too many golf courses to count in southeast Queensland. I have married couples at lots of them, but there are many others that I haven’t worked at. In no particular order, here are 10 of my favourites with packages in many different price brackets around Brisbane, the Redlands and Ipswich: Hillstone St Lucia (St Lucia), Brookwater Golf and Country Club (Ipswich), Redland Bay Golf Club, McLeod Country Golf Club (Mt Ommaney), Victoria Park Golf Complex (Brisbane City), Pacific Golf Club (Carindale), Avenue 64 at the Wynnum Golf Club, the Virginia Golf Club (Virginia), the Indooroopilly Golf Club (Indooroopilly) and the Royal Queensland Golf Club at Eagle Farm.
Now you have a location, call me to discuss planning your dream ceremony for your golf club wedding.
Photo by Catch Me Kiss Me Weddings at the Redland Bay Golf Club