Hiring a Hall near Brisbane for Your Wedding
There are plenty of beautiful wedding venues around southeast Queensland, but even the most gorgeous isn’t always just right for your wedding. Sometimes, cost is an issue. Sometimes venues don’t have the flexibility you want to do your wedding your way. Hiring a hall near Brisbane might be the perfect solution.
Advantages of Hiring a Hall near Brisbane
Hiring a hall can have many advantages, particularly for couples who don’t want a traditional venue or who want to DIY some aspects of their wedding.
- Halls are often owned by local clubs or councils so hiring a hall often isn’t too expensive
- Most halls have large grounds so your ceremony could be indoors or out
- Hiring a hall means that you and your guests can be comfortable indoors even on the hottest or wettest of days
- Most halls have kitchens. You can usually cater for your own wedding or bring in a catering company
- Food trucks are welcome to set up in the grounds of most halls
- Most halls have ample free parking in their grounds
Disadvantages of Hiring a Hall
- Often you have to provide everything – chairs, tables, crockery and cutlery, etc. Hiring these can add greatly to the cost of your wedding
- Depending on the number of guests and the type of food and drink you are serving, you might have to hire a cold room. These can also be expensive
- You have to leave the hall clean and tidy. Unlike other venues, if you’re hiring a hall, it is up to you to clean it. Many hall committees can arrange cleaners to come in the day after your wedding for a small extra fee
- Halls are often in the outer city suburbs or in country areas. You might have to organise transport to and from the hall for your guests as taxis might be hard to find and there might not be a lot of accommodation close by
There are plenty of places to consider when you’re hiring a hall near Brisbane, but these are three of the best to to look at for your wedding – Brookfield Hall, Coronation Hall at Somerset Dam and Samsonvale Hall. All are an easy drive from Brisbane.
Getting married in a hall can be great, but you still need a celebrant. CALL ME NOW
If you don’t find a hall that you like for your wedding, you might consider getting married at home.
Photo by Paul, Finch and Oak of a wedding in the Brookfield Hall