Wedding Expos in Brisbane
Wedding expos and bridal fairs – the terms are interchangeable. There are lots of wedding expos in Brisbane every year. If you’re planning a wedding, they can be your best friend, but they can also be overwhelming and confusing.
Brisbane Wedding Expos
Big wedding expos in Brisbane are often held close to the centre of the city, in places like the Royal International Convention Centre at the RNA Showgrounds, the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre in South Brisbane or some of the larger inner city hotels.
They showcase a large number of wedding vendors providing an astonishing array of wedding-related goods and services – celebrants, venues, florists, cake makers, photographers – the list is almost endless. Sometimes the numbers of providers can seem overwhelming and it’s possible to spend a lot of time at a big expo for little result.
Small Local Expos Brisbane
Local wedding expos in Brisbane are often held in smaller suburban venues such as hotel function rooms or halls. Fewer vendors are present, but there is still usually a good range of goods and services on show; however, fewer vendors means that you have less opportunities to compare vendors in each category.
Making the Most of Wedding Expos in Brisbane
Whether the wedding expo in Brisbane that you attend is big or small, to make the most of your time there and not waste your day, you need to have a plan.
- Decide whether you are going to try to look at everything or whether you are searching for specific categories of vendors. If you are just beginning your wedding planning journey, you might want to see all kinds of vendors just to see what’s available; if your planning is already underway, you might be looking for specific goods or services
- For example, if you already have a venue and photographer, you don’t need to look at these vendors and can concentrate on the things you need, such as finding the perfect celebrant, checking out your dream dress or sampling some wonderful wedding cakes
- Check out as many vendors in the categories you need as you can. You will never find as many high quality vendors in one place anywhere else
- Check out the vendors’ expo special offers. Many vendors will either offer discounts or add value to their products at wedding expos
- Most importantly, allow yourself enough time to chat with the vendors you are interested in. Generally, it’s best to get the vendor’s contact details and make an appointment to chat to them another day
Many high quality vendors seldom or never attend wedding expos and bridal fairs.
Search for your vendors online, check them out on FaceBook, ask other couples for the names of vendors they were happy with and check out wedding magazines and directories such as Wedding Qld, Easy Weddings and Celebrante that allow you to compare several vendors and contact those that interest you.